MF digital - interesting enough for its own forum?

peteradownunder

Pete, I'd be way into that suggestion.

While I still shoot MF film personally, 100% of my studio's work is MF digital using Aptus

75s, Hasselblad H3D/39 and H3D/31.

While I do frequent other forums dedicated to MF digital (some public, some by invitation

only), it'd be nice to broaden that resource base and get other perspectives. p.net does

have a huge presence, and other MF shooters thinking of going digital could reference it ...

while those not interested wouldn't have to wade through all the esoteric digital questions.

I think there are more MF digital users in the www world than we may suspect.

Would be way into posting pics also ... this stuff is amazing and getting better all the time,

and it wouldn't hurt in terms of promoting a better understanding of the expanding

capabilities available to photographers.

I'd be interested in that. As an amateur/hobbyist MF digital user, I'd especially be happy to see an MF digital forum with a broader user base and less dominated by workflow and service network response time sorts of issues, although I do understand that these are quite legitimately of great concern for professionals.

The Aussie dog spoke highly of you Peter : -)

I've actually urged my client to consider marketing their products in Australia ... the "Other

West".

Wondering: I suspect the idea will go nowhere, and go there pretty fast.

So, post some photos folks, keep this thread alive !!!!

Well Marc I had a few shots with 'Downunder' fauna and flora to post - but looks like it is a no go zone -:) *laughing..."wot wot wot?!!! photographs!! can't have that old boy"....<p> Your client would be competing against some traditional Aussie brand names - like Drizabone and R.M. WIlliams and Kiwi names like Rodd&Gunn...

I think it certainly deserves its own place in here ..since the prices for digital medium format are dropping and they will continue to drop ...more and more people will switch as I did ..the image quality it produces is amazing and not even comparable to 35mm ..and people want to talk about it and exchange tips ..that would be great

• 3 weeks later...

I recently acquired a used Hasselblad H1 with 16mp Kodak back. The pictures are amazing, and in an entirely new category compared with what I was getting with Nikon D2X. The huge signal-to-noise ratio per pixel enables a wide range of post-processing options that weren't available before. Film may be competitive in resolution, but is terribly limited by grain noise. So yes, there should be a separate forum to discuss this new form of photography.

Now I realize that I need a 39mp back!

==Doug

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all-

I was just doing a Google search for MF forums and I stumbled on to this thread. I am a

newbie arch and portrait shooter.

The gear I have-Mamiya AFD II w/Phase P25+ back- can do more than I know, at this

point, so I'd welcome this forum as a valuable resource. Phase has a forum, but it's a much

different animal than this would be, methinks.

Hope it takes off,

Neil Colton

Washington, DC Metro Area