Merkle Camera - a very strange experience

rondal

Here is a shameless cross-reference to a post I made on photo.net's

Member Recommendations forum regarding Merkle Camera, a dealer of

LTM-to-M adapters. Several people have recommended that I relate my

experience at the Leica Forum as well, so here goes:<p><a

href="http://www.photo.net/neighbor/view-one?subcategory=3&neighbor_to_neighbor_id=311168">http://www.photo.net/neighbor/view-one?subcategory=3&neighbor_to_neighbor_id=311168</a><p>It

might be a good idea to limit user responses to the post itself at the

Member Recommendations forum, just to keep everything nice and

tidy.<p>I hope the information in the post linked above will be

appreciated.

Ronnie, I live less than a kilometer from Merkle Camera and have bought some equipment from them over the years, most recently a used Hasselblad.

I realise, that if you are in Austria they are just a name, however I can tell you they are a reasonable sized new and used camera store. I hear from friends that they are quite active on Ebay so they should a have rating from there.

Can't say I have had any Ebay dealings with them, but thought I should tell you that they are a real store and hopefully things should work out for you.

David K.

I'd hate to see the issue hide in some obscure forum. Get em out here in the open. Give up reasoning with them. They got paid to deliver, they didn't, you want your money back. Paypal (within their parameters) will refund a payment if the seller can't prove delivery - irrespective of what they say they shipped on a full moon, on a Tuesday, on a donkey's back. If you paid with a credit card, the bank may reverse a payment if Paypal won't.

Stop wasting effort on being a nice guy and get your money back.