Medium format options

jon_shumpert2

I have been wanting to get back into medium format for a while. I recently bought a Polaroid 110a and thought about having it converted to use a roll film back. The cost of converting it has kept me from doing so, but then I saw this adapter on ebay. Lo-Fi Polaroid 110, 110A, 110B, 800, and 120 conversion kit -most Graflock 2x3 | eBay I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this. Today, I found a Ricoh Diacord L at an antique shop. I didn't have time to check it out today, but I am going back tomorrow morning to look at it. I know the Ricoh would be an easier way of getting back into medium format, but I would like to see what kind of images the Polaroid could produce. So, I am trying to decide which way to go. I am leaning more towards the Ricoh. Any thoughts/experiences with the two cameras?

I've been thinking about it, and if the Ricoh Diacord is in good condition, I will buy it. The thought of using the polaroid 110a is tempting, but the Ricoh makes more sense. If I decide to convert the Polaroid at a later date, I already have it. If I pass on the Ricoh, I won't find another TLR locally for a long time.

Another vote for getting a film camera that was made for regular film. There is literally a plethora of medium format cameras ranging from wonderful old folding cameras to twin-lens-reflex rolleiflex-like cameras, to even single-lens reflex cameras.

One of my very favorite medium-format cameras is the Rapid Omega. Its only drawback is that I wouldn't use it in a place with secret service present, since the rapid advance sounds a lot like a rifle being chambered ;)

Rapid-Omega-100.jpg.d4806f049564447b8cad7eee4994be86.jpg

Yesterday I went back to the antiques store to check out the camera. I was disappointed to find that the shutter is sticking. I would adjust the speeds and it would seem to work for one or two shots, but then it would stick and not open. I am fortunate to have a camera repair tech nearby, but decided that the cost of the camera and repairs would be more than I want to spend on the Ricoh. I will keep looking for now. Thanks for the advice.