Medium format digital

alan_w1

<p>With prices on used MF digital equipment falling dramatically I am considering making a purchase. Any suggestions on a site similar to this one with lots of users posting their questions and sharing experiences? I'd like to learn as much as possible before reaching for my wallet.<br>

<br />Also, a suggestion to this site's managers/owners: how about a seperate category for medium format digital? I'm sure it would be a welcome additional to your already great site.<br>

<br />Thx</p>

<p>You will find reviews of many digital backs and examples of their applications at <a href="http://www.luminous-landscape.com">www.luminous-landscape.com</a>.</p>

<p>A new mf digital forum? I'm sure the film fans in this forum would welcome some relief from the distractions of digital issues. However, digital MF photography is nonetheless photography, and appropriate for the current venu, IMO.</p>

<p>Hey there, I'll be putting up my AFDIII (Mamiya) and Leaf 65s (28meg) back soon on that auction so if you want send me your email and I'll let you know when. It's mint. I really mean it. Only a couple hundred exposures for a project. I think I'll be selling seperate, i.e., Camera/Back. Back goes on almost anything, i.e., hasselblad, 4x5's etc....</p>

<p>What I said was that medium format digital has a place in the medium format forum, not a separate forum. Despite the wishes of some, digital isn't going away and the use of film is not growing. If history is any indication, most threads will be about lenses, bodies and technique - the medium of capture is secondary. It's not hard to find an used digital back in the same price range as an high-end small-format DSLR, so more and more will find it affordable.</p>