jdwheeler

All,

Didn't see any recent (within 3 years) threads about 120 procesing and scanning

negatives on Oahu, HI. Looking for someguidance - I have plenty of good labs

lined up on the aminland but would prefer to keep the time span from shoot to

print/scan to a minimum.

Your advice appreciated.

JD Wheeler

Well, not many options, but there are some. Kaimuki Camera in Kaimuki has a Frontier as

well as an Imacon and their machines are clean and the guy running it is skilled, thats who

I use. On Waialae Ave between Koko Head Ave and 12th, across from Coffee Talk (good

brew and snax while you wait). Hawaii Pacific Photo is another, I don't use them that often

but lots of wedding and portrait shooters do. Colorprints downtown is yet another option,

only place to go for C-41 4x5, I haven't done scanning with them. Only good E-6 in the

state is Gregg at Pacific Lightwaves, in the Hawaii Digital shop on South King, between

Pikoi and Keeamoku. Good Luck and ALoha.

Chris

Now that Francis is gone, is Kaimuki a good source of 120 color print film? I will be coming to Hawaii in Dec, and given the airport hassles, I just as soon pick up my 120 film in Hawaii and get it processed there, so I don't have to deal with trying to keep it out of the X-Ray machines.

My father is in Palolo valley, so Kaimuki is close by.

thanks

Gary

• 2 months later...

Christiaan, does your comment "Only good E-6 in the state is Gregg at Pacific Lightwaves, in the Hawaii Digital shop..." mean that my best option (quality-wise) to get my 120/220 E-6 film developed in Oahu is to take it there?

I don't care about the price (within reason!) but I care that my film is not mistreated. Thanks for all your input.

• 4 weeks later...

Al,

Stay away from Hawaii Digital, they botched up my film pretty badly. Also, the prints they make are horrible, nobody there has any knowledge of color. They guy that owns the place actually cussed me out the door.

Hope this helps, I send all my E6 and color printing to California.