Media Software that plays BOTH photos and videos randomly

bill owens

<p>Can anyone point me to software that will essentially do a slideshow of BOTH photos and videos (whether in order of date, file name, random or whatever)? Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center will do either, but not together as far as I can tell. I just want to be able to run a slideshow of my family photos and videos without having to do only photos then switch to videos then back etc.... Not particularly eager to have to create/render a slideshow then have to recreate it every time I add a new video or photo.<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>Chris,<br>

I was obviously not doing this right on WMP. I was sort of looking for a way to dump new photos or videos of interest into a common set of folders on a network drive and have them all display via WMP or whatever without having to recreate a playlist each time I added new ones. Will keep exploring how to use playlists/libraries in WMP, but you've solved my immediate problem. Thanks.<br>

Now if I could only get music to play simultaneously with the photos but not the videos, and get transition effects, and get world peace, and....</p>

Bill, this sounds like a job for Irfanview, which goes in filename order with optional re-sorting, or randomly. Unlike WMP, Irfanview can play all or most types of video, with respective codecs installed.

Does anybody know how to get WMP to play QuickTime? I don't care because I switched to VLC, which is much less prone to dropping HD video frames, but I want to correct my "unlike WMP" statement if wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Thanks all. WMP is working fine for combined video/photo playlists. Will also try Irfanview and some others. But first I'm trying to find a blu-ray player or receiver that will successfully play my large photo and AVCHD video file collection (from a Canon camcorder) off my PC via ethernet. My receiver does a great job with my PC music library (WMA lossless). So far, the new Panasonic BD75 blu-ray I have is not being recognized by my PC, although the player sees my PC on my network but I cannot get it to see content in the PC folders....</p>