with the perform of the two lens (specially 85mm). Now, I´m lookin

incorporate a wide-angle to my Minolta system, to use in landscape,

indoor and architecture.

I found a Minolta MC W Rokkor-HH 35mm f1.8 (filter 55), a Minolta MD

W.Rokkor 35mm f1.8 (filter 49), and a MD Rokkor-X 24mm f2.8 (filter

55) in some camera shops. I am interested in buy one of this three

lens; Can anyone tell me the quality of the lens or comparate how

this lens performs?

I second what others have said about the 24mm. If it's in excellent condition you won't find a better 24mm lens from any manufacturer.

The 35mm f/1.8 lenses have cult status as well. The are totally different lenses, the MC is large and heavy - it looks more like tele lens, actually. The MD is tiny in comparison. Because of the heavy built many people prefer the MC version - it gives them a feeling of quality. I personally prefer it MD version - much nicer for travel, because if weighs about half of the MC. Both are excellent optically.

I have both the 35/1.8 MC W Rokkor HH and the MD Rokkor-X 24/2.8 lenses. They are both great, but very different. The 35 is like a wide normal lens and the 24 is a very (not ultra) wide wide-angle. If you can swing it, get both of these. If you have to choose, do so on the basis of the focal length and the aperture you will need most, not their sharpness. I do not know about the newer MD 35/1.8, but I wouldn't get it because of the difference in the filter size; everything else you have takes the 55mm filter.

Thank everybody for quick answers. OK, any choice (24mm or 35mm) is good in sharpness; I reed that the 24mm have floating element desing. Which are the advantages of this mechanism? Have others wide-angles floating element technology? MUCHAS, MUCHAS GRACIAS for answers.

Ariel

• 2 weeks later...