MC-DC2 Remote Release Cord andD90

tsypkin

<p>I have recently (about two months ago) purchased the MC-DC2 Remote Release Cord for my Nikon D90. I used it several times, and it worked very well. Yesterday, however, I wanted to use it again, but it refused to trigger the shutter. I don't think that the camera settings have anything to do with the operations of the cord, but I reset everything I could think of, removed and reinstalled the battery, disconnected and reconnected the lens -- all without any success. As far as I understand, the cord has no power supply in it, so there is no battery issue involved. If this is the fault of the cord, I will have to buy a new one, although maybe it's covered by some kind of a warranty -- I will ask Adorama once they reopen after the Passover. Or could it be the D 90 -- it is still under warranty, but I hate to part with it for several weeks. Is there something I am missing? I would appreciate your advice.<br>

M. Ts.</p>

<p>I have not had a problem with my MC-DC2, however, I have felt from day one that the connecting plug is two small for the forces which are likely to be applied to the cord during use. Try wiggling the connection to see if that will make any difference. If that doesn't work, you might try a different MC-DC2 if you can find one locally. If you are feeling brave, loosen the two screws on the back of the unit and inspect the inside for any obvious anomaly that you may be able to fix or adjust yourself.</p>

<p>Robert,<br>

Thank you. I may try a couple of local stores, but they usually don't have small accessories; I live in Monterey, CA, and the stores are relatively small here. I am not sure I am brave enough to loosen any screws anywhere... Maybe I should find a camera store in San Francisco that has the mc-dc-2 and try it there; it's not an emergency, since I can always use the wireless remote, even though it's not very convenient. Again, thank you for taking your time to help me.</p>