MC-30 Remote Cord for my D 300 and D 200 ?

ntv666

<p>Hi Guys,</p>

<p>I wanted to buy MC- 33 for my D 300and D200. I want to know weather I will be able to use it for STAR TRAIL shot ? Can I lock the shutter until the battery is down or for an Hour or so? Is it better to buy the wireless remote instesd of cord one? How much improvement will be there in the quality of the images if the remote is used with the camera? Advance Thanks for your kind advices?</p>

<p>The MC-30 can be locked so yes, you can use it to take long exposure shots. I am not sure about image quality improvement; if you use the self timer to activate the camera when it is on tripod then there should be no difference in image quality between using the remote and not. If you don't use the self timer then depending on exposure time and stability of the tripod, and how roughly you do the pressing there may be vibration effects on the image, but these aren't likely to be visible in a 1-hour exposure. Most people buy the MC-30 to control the precise timing of the shot, which you can't do as well with the self timer.</p>

<p>There are inexpensive aftermarket timer remote cords that might be a better option. It allows setting of delay time (for noise reduction), exposure time (to 100 hours), and interval time. Try a search on eBay for "Timer Remote Cord" - it's around $35. </p>