MB-D10 Battery Pack not working

steve_fu

<p>My MB-D10 Battery Pack was working well with my D300 before. I switched to using the internal battery and left the MB-D10 on the shelf for the last few month. Now I'm ready to put the MB-D10 on for the soccer season.<br>

However, the D300 just refuses to recognize the batteries from the MB-D10, regardless I use regular AA size or rechargeable. When the internal battery is there, the dials on the Battery Pack do work. But the batteries on the Battery Pack don't. The only thing I can think of is that the electric contacts on the D300 got dirty. I didn't use the D300 in a rough environment the last few months and I did clean the electric contacts. Any ideas??</p>

<p>+1 Michael B</p>

<p>I have used the AA holder with Eneloops but have had the very, very occasional drop-out where the grip 'disappears' and contrary to some peoples' experience, mine locks up and won't re-engage (return to battery!) until a shutdown or a firm re-insertion of the battery mag into the base grip.</p>

<p>I lost the a couple of shots that way and went to the Bl-3 and ENEL4 route......and never looked back.</p>

<p>The inherent design problem with 8 x AA in series is that there's a whole bunch of contacts that all need to be perfect for it to work at all.</p>

<p>I found the best way to ensure all the battery contacts were at-least fluff free was to roll the batteries whilst inserted like small rollers. Thus all battery <> battery and battery <> contact contacts were gently rubbed together.</p>