May 23rd Oly/Pana POTW

Sanford

<p>Akira - hard to focus? Which adapter brand? I use the 45-200mm Panasonic zoom but even with stabilization it can be hard to hand hold at 200mm. I have a few old MF Nikkors, 105 F2.5 AIS Nikkor & 28-50mm AIS Nikkor zoom. </p>

<p>Sanford, it was not "too" difficult to focus. The adapter is made by RJ camera which I bought from ebay. The lens goes slightly past infinity with this adapter, which is of no problem. The adapter suffers from light leak at the lens stopper button which hasn't caused any problem YET.</p>

<p>The combo was mounted on a tripod using the thread on the camera, so it was very, very front-heavy (not recommended!). Because of that, the image shook a lot when I magnified the live view to focus, but I got away with that by switching my brain to the "contrast detect" mode. :)</p>

<p>I used Ai 105/2.5 and it performed marvelously on G1. I've heard 28-50/3.5 performs nicely on digital. Mount adapters sold on ebay are in general hit or miss. If you go for the safety, you may want to look at either Rayqual, Voigtlander or Novoflex. I have Rayqual, too, and cannot be happier with it.</p>