Maxxum 28-135

joshua_danley

My dad recently gave me his Maxxum 28-135mm lens. I went to

Minolta's lens web page and the only 28-135 it list is a f4-5.6.

The lens that I have is stamped f4-4.5. I am curious as to what the

discrepancy is about and if anyone has any info on this. Is is

simply a case of Minolta's web site missing a listing? Thanks in

advance.

I just checked my Minolta 28-135. It is marked as f/4-4.5. Tried it on the camera. With aperture fully opened at full zoom (actually from about 70mm to 135mm) the camera shows f/4.5. Also checked www.keh.com. They also list it as an f/4-4.5. It must be a misprint on the Minolta website.

Tom

The 28-135 mm f4-4.5 is a quite well respected gigantic piece of lens, (more than 700 grams) - a bit slow but excellent optics. Lots of people swear that it's sharper than some primes in its range, like the 28 f/2.8.<p>

<b>It is f/4-4.5.</b> It's even mentioned on the <a href="http://www.photo.net/minolta/lenses">photo.net equipment/minolta</a> pages...

See also <a href="http://www.keh.com/shop/SHOWPRODUCT.CFM?CRID=7390768&SKID=MA0701050042706&SID=newused&BID=MA&CID=07&SOID=N&curpic=0&dpsp=0"> KEH offer with photo</a>.

John,

I took the camera out with the older style Minolta 28-85 and shot 2 rolls through it with that. I noticed the same problem as with the 70-210 just not as pronounced. This leads me to believe that it is not a lens problem as I first suspected but rather a camera issue. I dug out my extended warranty so I am going to drop it off at an authorized repair facility tomorrow. I'll post when I do find out what exactly is the problem.