i have been told about Nielsen Bainbridge framing products as one of the leading in the world. I would be

interested in contacting a few others of the same callibre before placing an order. Could someone please

message me with a list of 2 or 3 other companies that are renowned for their framing products - what im

ideally after is Matt Boards (acid free, etc) thank you

For mat board, I will not use anything less than Bainbridge Alphamat. About $11 per

32x40 sheet at retail. Around $8-9 from a distributor. $6 mattboard, say from Crescent,

will yellow at the bevel after a year or so.

Light Impressions has a nice catalog for browsing, but extremely high prices. I use it to

see what's available and purchase elsewhere.

If you're going to be matting a lot of work to one size, consider having your matts cut in

bulk. For example, you can get custom cut 16x20 matts from FrameFit for less than $3

each in quantity 25, using Bainbridge Alphamat. That's about the price of an uncut 32x40

sheet at the retail level.

www.citysnaps.net

Bainbridge mat board is probably best since they have exclusive patent rights on their Artcare process which allows their mat board to actually help protect the artwork. Nielsen is the leader in metal moulding and Nielsen & Bainbridge as a hole is one of very few manufactures I am aware of that make true archival ready-made frames. I own a company photography picture frame company that sells mostly Nielsen & Bainbridge products, so I am biased.