Matrix'ing the PN-11

arnabdas

Vivek you're generous! I'm ok with the timeline :) Seriously -- if agree tehn I will send them across (buy online and ship to your address) early next year (mid-Jan). BTW R Elliott doesn't do PN-11's ...

Perhaps you can already guess that I'm doing all this for just that tripod collar?!

I emailed Damien and asked him how much he'd charge to do his modification. He said 1500 euros. :) There's a small market for this sort of thing, but a market nontheless for this kind of modification.

Rolland Elliot has recently shortened his list of lenses that he will 'chip'. I emailed him to ask if he'd be putting the 28mm f/2.8 back on his list and he said he is too busy to take on more lenses. Because of that, I doubt he'd do anything like the PN-11 modification.

Arnab, I didn't think you cared that much about Matrix metering?? I remember you saying that you almost always found middle tone subjects?? Does the FM3A have matrix?

Is this for your new swanky D70 for Spot/Focus area combo?

Anyway how is the US treating you?

Regards

AT

Yeah, I am 'chipping' my 400 3.5 for the same purpose of using it with a DSLR in the new future. I have the PN-11 and would rather get an inexpensive incident meter or something to keep it usable (and ofcourse add Shaw's formulae for macro, reciprocity etc). BTW, I am still attached to my trusty F5 but the lure of a 600 3.5 (1.5X)is just too much temptation. Rolland Elliott is currently converting my lens.

Well glad to hear you are enjoying your stay. I can send you some good links for Bird Photography in Florida. Let me know or Google it.

AT