Master Technika LH Grip - work on a Super Technika?

Discussion in 'Large Format' started by ken_miller|4, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Subject line says it all - I have the all black grip, and I've been
    asked if this grip will fit on a Super Technika. Will the mounting
    hardware for the MT work on a Super Technika?

Thanks!

2. Yes, it is the same mounting dimensions.

3. Thanks much!

4. "Super Technika" doesn't designate any particular model of Technika camera. The term "Super Technika" was used to distinguish a Technika with the rangefinder set up from one without and was used with several different versions of the Technika cameras.

I don't have any experience using the grip. However, I do know that the clamp that fits on the camera (i.e. the gizmo to which you attach the grip itself) from a Master looks very different from the same gizmo on earlier models. I say this based on having the gizmo that came with my Master Tecnika (but which I removed because I prefer the strap to the grip) and seeing others for sale on e bay that look very different from mine.

It may be that the differences were cosmetic only and that a grip will fit on either version but I would certainly check with Bob Salomon at HP Marketing to be sure before spending any money.

5. Actually, it's the other way around. I'm selling the grip. I've pointed the fellow at this thread, so hopefully he knows what he's getting.

Thanks Brian.