Mark III

marc_morris

<p>I also own a 1D M3. Marc, lemme ask you again, just to be clear,</p>

<p>1. When did you buy your 1D3?<br />2. When did Canon told you so?<br />3. What kind of software is that? Did Canon elaborate?<br />4. Has this software fix been announced?</p>

<p>I would like to know, since this will affect 1D3 owners.</p>

<p>Hi All,<br>

I can't give you any other information until monday.I bought my camera about a year ago and it has not worked well . I have a mark IIn and that work 30 to 40% better then the mark III.<br>

I have been told by the engineer at canon that this software has been working well . I hope this is a report from photographers and not marketing from canon.</p>

<p>I will keep you informed on what they did.</p>

<p>Marc</p>

<p>Thank you Marc. Please keep us posted.</p>

<p>I bought mine in March, 2008, thinking that the sub-mirror fix has been fixed all the AF issues. I was very happy with it until recently, when I took several action shots at high speed moving subjects: I had shot many relatively slow moving subjects, before this AF issue poped up again. With the 1D3, I have observed, several instances, the phenonmena that have been reported by Rob Gabraith in 05/2008, eg, OOF in the middle of sequence. I used 1D M2N before, and with this camera, I am 100%, well ok, 98%, sure that I wouldn't miss the photo ops like I did with the 1D3.</p>

<p>I sold my 1D2N. Stupid me!</p>