Marflex Repair for Linhof Master Technica 2000

jim_norman2

<p>I have a light leak that probably means a new bellows for my MT 2000. It's out of warranty. I see that Marflex is now shown on the HP Marketing website as having moved from NJ to North Carolina. It looks from that site that they may only do warranty repair. Has anyone recently had Marflex do out of warranty repair? If not, any alternate recommendations? Thanks, Jim</p>

<p>Martin does all Linhof and Wista repairs, in and out of warranty. What you are probably referring to in your <br>

question is that Marflex is the only in warranty service provider for Linhof and Wista repairs in the USA. He is also the source of service parts for these cameras and is the only factory trained warranty center for Linhof repairs in the USA.</p>

<p>There's a surprise ending to my story. Since I know Linhof repairs are expensive, I decided to rule out other possibilities. One obvious suspect was the Fuji QuickLoad holder. So, I found some old Polaroid and found "no light leak." Just to make sure, I ran some Tri-X in a Grafmatic holder and tray developed the film. Again, no light leak. That meant there was a problem with my Jobo CPP-2 or the Expert tank. When I examined the tank lid, I found that one of the points of contact that hold the light trap in place had come loose. A couple of drops of superglue did the trick. I then tested a couple of sheets of Fuji Acros from Quickloads in that tank. No light leak! Moral of the story: Don't jump to a conclusion until you've evaluated all possibilities.</p>