Mardi Gras Time - Leica users wanted

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by zoeica images, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Okay Leicaphiles, or RFphiles! Mardi Gras is Tuesday, Feb, 25th, how many are coming for the big party? Chris New Orleans www.zoeicaimages.com
    007Qoy-16679884.jpg

2. OoopS! That's Tuesday the 24th! Man I screwed that up!

3. I'm in.

Being a native New Orleanian I can say without a doubt that those are some of the nicest breats Ive ever seen at Mardi Gras.

4. Wish I could go, moved to SFO from Nawlin's 2 yrs ago boy Mardi Gras is a
    photographers dream:) Can't wait to see how many folks chime in about your foto for
    no warning about the bare breastasus...after the Janet Jackson boobie disaster you
    can't be sure to peoples reactions, especially those not from the Big Easy. Enjoy Mardi
    Gras Chris:) Mark

5. Very nice, a clear comparison between all original and after-market.

Rick H.

6. Something happened to Janet Jackson while she was in New Orleans shooting Leicas? What, I missed that!

7. A disgusting display of the abuse of a medium. I'm shocked at such filth.

8. OH MY GOD! The one on the left's got a third nipple.

9. >Takkinda . , feb 17, 2004; 10:57 p.m.

>OH MY GOD! The one on the left's got a third nipple.

Duh! That's a hickey!

10. I have no pictures to show for my last trip to Mardi Gras, just two smashed lenses
    (Canon fortunately) and a bad hangover. Focus a camera - you're joking.

11. This is very confusing to a young boy like me.

12. Since my oldest daughter and her husband were transferred from Madrid, Spain to Shreveport, Louisiana, I guess I have an excuse to go sometime in the future. Your photo is an added encouragement. Nothing wrong with joy and happiness.

13. ...sure looks like an extra nipple on my monitor...

14. I think the man on the right swinging the pearl beads adds dramatic tension to the shot. ;>)

Dennis

BTW, I'll be there...doing research, of course. ;>)

15. If you came to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, I'm sure John Fleetwood would not mind letting you stay at his place. ;>)
    007R2U-16684484.jpg

16. From a close source, I heard John was charging for lawn and porch use, but no rooms were longer available. Something like $500 a night, plus tent, beer, and food costs. Might be better to just drink alot and pass out on Bourbon. You can get a free room at Central Lockup on Tulane Ave. You'll be showered and out Wednesday morning after breakfast.

Oh, the third nipple thing.............one "nipple" is an inkstamp that the woman got from a certain club where you show off your.......beads.

17. I can't make it to N.O. until March 9th. Is it worth the trouble to make the trip that far past
    Mardi Gras?

18. Chris Williams wrote: "Oh, the third nipple thing.............one "nipple" is an
    inkstamp that the woman got from a certain club where you show off
    your.......beads." <p>Another mistery solved.

19. "From a close source, I heard John was charging for lawn and porch use, but no rooms were longer available. Something like $500 a night, plus tent, beer, and food costs."

Chris, you know how I hate to disagree with anyone on this forum, but I think you are mistaken. I think John Fleetwood is offering free room and board to anyone who wants to come to Mardi Gras...plus a little "walking around" money if you're short on cash. Rather than wasting time with bothersome phone calls, I think John prefers that you just show up. I'm pretty sure this is what John said. I think... ;>)

Dennis

20. Mardi Gras visitor, as seen by locals.
    007RLe-16688784.jpg

21. A fine photo Dennis.

22. Gee, the girl on the left just looks like an average librarian until... uh ........ Jeez.

Check out the deadbeats in the background!

23. In case you're looking for me on the parade route, here's what I look like:
    007RoO-16697284.jpg

24. Chris, is that picture of you after one of your hundreds of beers at the Bulldog evenings?

25. How I do love the Bulldog and a Guinness(s).