Mardi Gras, 2012

<p>Dennis, fantastic. I watched it as a full screen slideshow. Pete Fountain!!!! I'm glad he's still alive and healthy. The Zulu's were great...many of your photos have iconic New Orleans French doors or shutters as background, was it a conscious choice? It works very well.</p>

<p>Thank you, everyone, for your remarks...</p>

<p>As for the distinctly New Orleans architectural backgrounds, most of these shots were taken in the French Quarter or nearby in the Marigny where everything looks this way. But, yes, I do try to utilize the architecture as background and to frame shots.</p>

<p>Regarding Pete Fountain, I have the pleasure of knowing Pete for a number of years and he is one of the nicest persons you would ever hope to meet. My wife works with Pete on a couple of functions every year so I have been photographing him for years. In fact, in the shot in the album Pete is waving to my wife.</p>

<p>Pete is 81 years old and although he's slowing down a bit he can still play that horn. Here is a shot of him playing at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival last May.</p><div>00a4dt-446267584.jpg.1b35c9fd685792abc0b318daa8370e49.jpg</div>