Manual calibration of images

jaydesi

<p>I have a calibration device that works fine for when I want to print something or anywhere else an embedded profile is useful. That's not my problem. I have a digital picture frame that, either because of my calibration or because of its own look, displays my pictures as far too blue. It's not the end of the world, but since it's on my desk at work, I want my pictures to look right, since I see them every day.</p>

<p>The only way I could think of doing this is to start with a white jpg and adjust the color until it actually looks white on the frame, then apply those color changes to the folder of pictures for the device (I downsize and have separate images for the frame to save space on the small card I repurposed from a nonfunctional P&S).</p>

<p>I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any better suggestions?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>The more complete solution is to create an output profile that looks right. This might involve quite a lot of trial and error, but then you'd be able to just convert your files to the correct output space before putting them on the digital frame, much in the same way that an output profile for a printer works.</p>

<p>maybe take a std test image (like the Outback one), process it a number of ways (ie +10, 20, 30 of magenta and ditto red), save them all and blast them out to the frame and see which one works for you. Similar to the PS 'Variations' command or using the old Koday CC filter set for prints.</p>

<p>Thanks, all. My monitor is calibrated and I use Lightroom for PP. Since my frame is out of warranty, and it's a cheapo anyway, contacting the company for color adjustment that 99.9% of users wouldn't even notice isn't worth it. I'll stick with my original plan, just use a white image and tweak the balance until it looks right in the frame, then apply that color change to all of the photos going into the frame.</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p><em>"The more complete solution is to create an output profile that looks right."</em> - </p>

<p>Mark S, do you know of any software that would take a PS stored curves file ( *.acv) and turn it into an output profile, hopefully, with little more user intervention than what was needed to generate a suitable set of curves to make images on the OP's digital picture frame look good?</p>

<p>If not, how exactly would you do what you what you suggested?</p>

<p>Tom M</p>