Manhattan yesterday and today

Discussion in 'Phone and Mobile' started by cjk, Nov 2, 2012.

1. cjk

cjk

Some photos from Manhattan taken yesterday and today.
    iPhone photos mostly so apologies for the limited quality.
    I have to say that going from Lower Manhattan (where we live) to Midtown feels like changing planets.
    Most of Lower Manhattan has no power, empty and dark streets, no traffic lights, no street lights, no stores or restaurants open, no subway service, etc.
    Midtown (and I imagine Uptown) feels totally normal...

2. cjk

cjk

Crane dangling one 57th street, at one of the priciest buildings in the world ($90M penthouse anyone?)
    00azVH-502159684.jpg

3. cjk

cjk

People waiting in line for the buses to take them back home to Queens (Lexington Avenue and 42nd street). Line went over 6-7 blocks.
    00azVJ-502159784.jpg

4. cjk

cjk

And this morning: people waiting in line to get the new iPad mini (line went around the block)...
    5th Avenue Apple Store (@58th street)
    00azVK-502161584.jpg

5. cjk

cjk

F line, partial service from Midtown (34th street) to Queens.
    00azVL-502161684.jpg

6. cjk

cjk

Goldman Sachs building, fully lit with surrounding TriBeCa pitch black.
    Masters of the Universe?
    00azVM-502161784.jpg

7. cjk

cjk

Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island with no lights on. First time I see this in 13 years of living in New York.
    Photos was taken around 9pm, in quasi total darkness. A 30 sec exposure is making this look like daylight!
    Nikon D7000.
    00azVN-502161884.jpg

8. NYkers have a hard time with hurricanes because they rarely get any up there. When it comes to snowy blizzards they don't even bat an eyelash, but hurricanes forget about it !