Manfrotto 3001 Leg-Angle Locks Have Broken

jwallphoto

<p>This has been a good tripod for the last 3 years or so, but it's going downhill fast. Two of three rubber feet have fallen off (the second one just yesterday), and one of the legs no longer locks at any angle. (It's not the leg-length locks, but the angle clip-stop locks at the top of each leg.)<br>

I have ordered replacement rubber feet, but I can't find any info on the leg-angle mechanism.<br>

Any ideas short of buying a new tripod would be appreciated!</p>

<p>send it in to manfrotto and they will fix it up for you, or quit while your ahead and buy a new g lock, 6x gitzo. . . if you take one of your old bogan/mafrotto and send it in to manfrotto, they will give you 30% of a new g lock gitzo. If you want to keep the 3001 for back up, grab another cheep set of legs, if you have it, send it in, get the new gitzo, then send in the 3001 and have it fixed for a backup . . . I use to play that game with the 3001 and even the newer 055 until i finally put the gang to rest, wished I had done it sooner. . .</p>

<p>I have great success ordering almost any repair parts for my Manfrotto/Bogen tripods through this link:<br>

http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/spareparts/site/manfrotto<br>

Type tripod model number (in your case 3001) into the "search by product code" and you will get numerous hits depending on which version of the tripod you own. Select the model and you'll get links to PDF downloads of exploded parts views. The only limitation I have found to the repair parts archive is age related. If the model of tripod is old enough, some parts may no longer be available- but in that case I would call Manfrotto to get a final availability check. I hope this helps!<br>

-Ed LaCroix, Phoenix, AZ</p>

<p>Tony S., they don't have the part I need. It's not even listed.<br>

FWIW, beware of buying parts when there is no photo of it. I ordered what I thought would be three rubber feet for my legs (two have fallen off), but ended up getting three caps for the center post (which I definitely don't need since I don't use the center post!).</p>