Man I hioe this becomes a reality....

wilvoeka

I know there is a lot of speculation about what Canons big anouncement will be

on Aug 24th, but if this is in anyway true I know Im gonna be very happy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/=RWG=Jackal/canon_eos_3da.jpg

I always loved my EOS 3s and think a Digital version would be a perfect camera

for me.

Time will tell, but I really do want to see a dSLR like my EOS 3 film bodies.

Interesting...........

I always thought the current 5D = EOS 3

the body, the dial, except frame rate it is very similar.

then, 30D = Elan 7....which u always need to pay more to get more pro function.

As for 1D & 1Ds ability wise, is EOS 1VHS wanna be. Haven't merge into one. Don't know they ever will.

When there is 12mgpx, 100% full frame view, 10 frame per/second then Canon will put 1D behind. New era of EOS 1Vd. Where Canon make a EOS body that worth, once again, a "V" as victory on it.

I am drinker too much again............before all that happen, I am interested what the EOS 3D is offering. Also a interesting choice of mind set behind the 40mm 1.2L

Canon will never make a camera called 3D. People would wonder why it only produced 2D images. some lawyer would start a class action lawsuit on behalf of all the photographers conned into thinking they were getting a 3D camera, only be cheated of one of their dimensions.

Fake, shamake.

Of course, everyone thought that the 5D was also a fake when the specs were leaked. As for this . . .just as much a fake. :)

Now, the 5D is clearly NOT the mythical 3D, as it carries the Elan 7/EOS30D feature set. This beast carries a lobotimized (but faster?) 1 Series AF system. And look at the specs on the frame rate.

If this is real. . .don't be surprised if this camera is a 1D-II replacement. That camera is due. And don't be surprised if the price is a full $4500.

(as for the lens: I have no interest. Don't be surprised if the cost is $1500+)

"Now, the 5D is clearly NOT the mythical 3D, as it carries the Elan 7/EOS30D feature set."

Now thats a stretch! The 5D is actually missing most of the Elan 7/30D modes: A-DEP,

Sports, Portrait, Night, etc. The 5D only has P, Av, Tv, M and full auto. That mode set is more

like a 1D series (save full auto) but is on a dial instead of menu. Plus no popup. So it's more

like a stripped Elan?

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

5D is a 5 D, that is (EOS 5 named A2 elsewhere). I remember 5D marketing material stating it's for migrating the 5 users from film. 3fps is common to 5D and 5; 3 has 5fps, not 3.

Extrapolating the last 4-5 years, it looks as 5D will become a 3D maybe in 3-5 years. I think there won't be a 5D Mark II, since only the 1D and some lenses carry Mark nominations.

For the next 1-series we can speculate whether it's going to be called 1ds Mark III, 1dsIIn, 1DX, 1DRS, 1X.

Wondering whether there's any Canon product called Mark III (as in next of Mark II), painted Mark III.

1DSIIn: not quite because n is for minor modifs.

1DX: apparently no because clash with Nikon, but hey, 5D clashed with a Minolta too.

1X: why not. There's a Rebel XT. Also, the word "Digital" disappeared from the body paint between 1dii and 1diin.

End of speculation and I'm pretty sure I'll be surprised by whatever name will come up end of August.