Mamiya TLR - Sheet Film Backs

enrico__

6.5x9cm film is comparably hard to get, expensive and not that convenient to be processed.

Do you know any situation which would force you to take just one or 2 pictures and run emidiatly into your darkroom? - Have you figured out how many sheets cost the same as one Roll? - I didn't but would guess about 4.

I have TLRS, but wouldn't use them to burn sheet film. That's a job for vintage folders and LF.

O.K. Maybe your dreaming about processing according to the zone system? - A 2nd or 3rd TLR doesn't cost no fortune anymore and LF should be more fun.

There is another reason to use the sheet film back.. at least I think so as I have

just bought one off ebay and am impatiently waiting for it. I like to do a lot of

close up work with my Rolleiflex and I am having a parallax problem. I would

even like to do some work with multiple diopters on the lens and I definitely

need to be able to see the image and focus. I have 4x5 and 8x10 but find

using the TLR much more enjoyable and easier to get on the subject. Most of

this type shooting I do is at home, so no inconvenience of having to carry

around the film holders. I have never had one before but I am hoping that I

can cut down film from roll film to fit the holders.

I had never heard that the Mamiya offered a sheet film back, but I would think

the same use is possible.

The Mamiya single exposure back I have works on my C3. It has 3 film holders. When a glass plate is used the sheet film holder is not; inside the film holders. <BR><BR>In scientfic usage one would order special glass plates for astrophotography long ago; 103a series etc; for long exposures.<BR><BR> The film holders are labeled 1, 2 and 3. The standard kit for a C3 came with the single exposure back; and three film holders; each with an insert for sheet films. <BR><BR>There is a deal one rotates 180 degrees to seat the film; once the holder is on the camera. There is a dark slide for each of the three film holders. <BR><BR>Long ago one could get slide film in precut sheet film sizes; and specialized emulsions in glass and sheet film sizes. One still can use surplus lith film for copying today.