Mamiya RZ67 II compatibility with K/L lenses

Discussion in 'Medium Format' started by arnis_vitols, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Hello,
    I just ordered myself a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II and I'm also want two lenses for it. A 65mm and the 127mm K/L lens.
    As far as i have read I haven't seen any pictures with the RZ67 having K/L lenses. I would like to know is it possible to use this combination and has someone here ever used it?
    Do I need an adapter for K/L lenses? Do I lose infinity focus this way?
    Thanks in advance.

2. K/L lenses are for the RB67, and I believe they can be used on the RZ67 without an adapter. There will be some loss of functionality like autoexposure, but they should be able to focus to infinity.
    However, if you're buying lenses I would recommend just getting RZ lenses instead of RB lenses. The 65mm L-A, 110mm f/2.8, and 140mm L-A Macro are all stellar lenses for the RZ67 and shouldn't be too expensive.

3. You don't lose infinity focus - in fact the opposite: K/L lenses will focus well "past infinity", as the RZ flange distance is shorter than the RB's. Focus using the ground glass and this will take care of itself.

4. A chart showing compatibility of the various RB and RZ lenses and bodies, and all the other interchangeable components can be found at http://www.reznitsky.info/Mamiya/Comchart.htm.

5. Just get the RZ lenses. Better overall choices in every way.