Mamiya RZ67 110mm lens diagram. Anyone?

Discussion in 'Medium Format' started by celasun, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Just wondering the construction of this lens. Any ideas or, better, a diagram of it? I am expecting a design similar to a usual 50mm f/1.4 lens for the smaller format...

2. I have a diagram somewhere I can post, I think it's from the parts/repair manual. It's a typical double-gauss design, 6 (or 7?) elements I think , off hand. A great lens, no doubt!

3. Colin and Ed,
    Thank you very much for your responses.
    In fact, I was able to find a tiny, miniscule diagram in the pdf file Colin linked. The lens looks like a "usual" 50mm f/1.8 lens, not an f/1.4 one. I will not be surprised if its "measured" largest aperture is f/3 or something like that. Of course, this does not matter a bit; its rendering does seem special and that is the thing that counts. My copy will be arriving soon and I will be happy to report my experiences later...
    Ed, I will really appreciate if you could find the image somewhere.

4. Colin,
    That is it! Thanks a lot again :)
    I am surprised to see that the design of the 110mm lens is noticeably different than the 90mm, also a double Gauss.
    It looks the same (on paper) to a, say, Pentax 50mm f/1.7 lens (and to many others).

5. I am surprised to see that the design of the 110mm lens is noticeably different than the 90mm, also a double Gauss.​
    The 90mm is different because it has strong elements of retrofocus design; and that design is forced on it because it sits forward of such a deep mirror box - the film plane to lens flange distance of the RZ67 is 105 mm. The rear element of a symmetric 90mm lens would be something like 50-60mm from the film plane, i.e. deep inside the mirror box!