Mamiya RZ67 110mm lens diagram. Anyone?

celasun

<p>Colin and Ed,<br>

Thank you very much for your responses.<br>

In fact, I was able to find a tiny, miniscule diagram in the pdf file Colin linked. The lens looks like a "usual" 50mm f/1.8 lens, not an f/1.4 one. I will not be surprised if its "measured" largest aperture is f/3 or something like that. Of course, this does not matter a bit; its rendering does seem special and that is the thing that counts. My copy will be arriving soon and I will be happy to report my experiences later...<br>

Ed, I will really appreciate if you could find the image somewhere. </p>

<p>Colin,<br>

That is it! Thanks a lot again :)<br>

I am surprised to see that the design of the 110mm lens is noticeably different than the 90mm, also a double Gauss.<br>

It looks the same (on paper) to a, say, Pentax 50mm f/1.7 lens (and to many others).</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I am surprised to see that the design of the 110mm lens is noticeably different than the 90mm, also a double Gauss.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The 90mm is different because it has strong elements of retrofocus design; and that design is forced on it because it sits forward of such a deep mirror box - the film plane to lens flange distance of the RZ67 is 105 mm. The rear element of a symmetric 90mm lens would be something like 50-60mm from the film plane, i.e. deep inside the mirror box!</p>