mamiya rz 67ii with ae prism ii problem

charles_mason

<p>hi all,<br>

i am confounded by a problem i am having with my camera/prism. i tried a friend's motor base, which is when this seem to have started. i thought his base was bad, but now that i am trying to use the camera here is what happens. i have the camera shutter dial on AEF and the prism on AEL, which I believe is right for AE exposure. when i trip the shutter, it goes of. but then there is a silent delay of 30-40 seconds, followed by a several seconds long low tone, then a click, and ONLY then can i wind push the lever and wind the film. i have changed the battery. it was working fine before i tried that winder. i can't find a new version of the manual for the AIii prism, just the original. any thoughts?<br>

help appreciated.<br>

best,<br>

charles</p>

<p>little more info, it is a lens thing. the 110 is the culprit, as this does not happen with my 180 or 65mm. so any thoughts? anyone? all the lenses settings are the same. prob better to just buy a new 110 than even trying to fix this one. but just in case anyone has a simple fix. i did try and clean the contacts. it is the long delay, followed by the long tone, then the reset, that has me stumped! thanks again!</p>