Mamiya M645 Shutter Release Cable Adapter issue

vssoutlet

Hi,

I bought the shutter release adapter shown here It's a simple mechanism but it doesn't seem to work with my camera. I screw in the cable and press, but its not triggering anything.

Does this adapter require an extra long cable throw or a special Mamiya cable to work properly?

Thanks!

Edited by vssoutlet

Which 645 camera do you have? I have an adapter like that, and it works on my 645 Pro with a simple third-party cable release. I *guess* all it is is an open switch, and you close the contact when you press the cable release. My adapter has a small label reading 'LL' on the end - no idea what that signifies. Maybe it denotes what kind of cable it's for (are there kinds of cable?) I also have a long wire release, with a press-button on the end; the camera end is just that same plug, with the wire coming out where you'd screw the cable in. I have also seen an L-shaped version of the adapter, such that the cable dangles forward or backward (I forget which way) instead of out to the side of the camera.

Make sure you've inserted the thing the right way round in the slot (though I don't think it goes in the wrong way, at least not without great force), and that you have locked it in. Examine the metal pins in the slot in the camera; there should be four. I guess their surface could be oxidised and need cleaning (gently).

Good luck!

Presumably the normal shutter button works?

I've had both an M645 Super and a Pro-TL develop a fault whereby they wouldn't fire any which-way. Just a faint click from inside and.... nothing.

"I *guess* all it is is an open switch, and you close the contact when you press the cable release."

Yep, you can fire the camera by simply shorting two of the pins under the release cover. Don't ask me which two pins, 'cos I simply can't remember.

Silly question, you have got the adapter switch set to O and not L?