Mamiya C330 Professional f

xuelun_li

Yep, that is right, no meter in the c330 so the camera doesn't need to know what film speed you are using. If you want to remember what film speed you have in the camera you can put a film memo in the holder on the back of the camera. I use a sekonic 358 meter with these cameras and it works great for incident metering. FWIW, since I started using a handheld meter and got used to it, I tend to always use one even when a camera has a meter in it. That way, my meter is always consistent and I only have to get to know one meter. BTW, these are great cameras.

"How feasible is it to shoot hand-held with a C330?"

Very feasible. I think I shoot most of the time with this camera handheld. I have a thick padded neckstrap that holds the camera chest high and I look down to focus and shoot. People never know I am photographing them. In fact the only person who knew I was shooting came up to me and wanted to look at the camera. Turns out she was a photographer herself and was thinking about buying a TLR. There is no mirror slap because the lenses are all leaf shutter and there is only a small click when the shutter goes off. I have a 330f, 330, and 22 but only one of them has a maxwell screen in them and that makes it so much easier to focus in lower light.

I have successfully hand held mine down to 1/4 second and 1/8 doesn't scare me at all. Because there is no moving mirror and also because of the positions that you can hold them, you can get very steady with a TLR. Hold it against you chest, or stomach, and lean against a wall and you are almost as good as a tripod, the only source of vibration is your beating heart, having a bit of a belly can help dampen that out. One huge plus for the Mamiya TLR's is the lenses, I have NEVER had a bad one, every one is razor sharp. I also have a Pentax 6x7 that someday I will sell, the Pentax has never come close to the sharpness of my TLR's.