Mamiya C330 film advancing incorrectly

<p>Hey all,<br>

I just got my first batch of negs back from my recently acquired C330 and on all three rolls, I'm only getting about 8 shots per 120 roll because the film is advancing too far (about 1.5 frames) each time. I checked that I'm set to 120, checked the linkage with the pressure plate lever, and checked the rod/gear on the take-up area and I can't find anything out of the ordinary. Maybe it's something to do with the crank mechanism? Any thoughts?<br>

-Cole</p>

<blockquote>

<p>It's probably the knurled wheel on the take up side that is slipping and thus measuring the advance incorrectly. How long is it since you had the camera serviced?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>This was my 1st idea too. But if it is slipping, the film will advance nor far enough instead of too far. Then you will have double-exposures and not half a frame of space between - that's the strange one here.<br>

Try to get the backpaper of a film from the lab (+spool) or take a (long) expired film and "shoot" the whole film and watch it simultan with the open hatch, may be you will be able to see (or hear) what the problem might be.</p>

<p>I recently bought a Yashicamat with similar winding problems. It's a rather trivial problem and thus service shouldn't take long or be too expensive. I sent it for service and had it back in a week. I paid equivalent to 30 USD for that. Now it works as it should (95% of the times).</p>

<p>r.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I paid equivalent to 30 USD for that. Now it works as it should (95% of the times).</p>

</blockquote>

<p>So you only paid 95% of the bill? ;-)<br>

It is still a strange problem since the way becomes longer instead of shorter, as it is usually the case on older parts.</p>

<p>I ran some paper backing through and it took my C330. It took one turn per frame, not 1½ turns. Something is wrong with your cranking mechanism and it's time to open her up.</p>
The more you say, the less people listen.

<p>Hi Cole,<br>

just one question: does the film advance system still stop advancing on every frame?<br />I tell this because I had a similar problem but beside the film advancing speed my system did not automatically stop on every frame anymore. Then I realized the problem was in a disconnected lever usually joined to the click button bar. That lever is the one that allows the continuos film advance when keeping pressed the click button. That lever remained pressed down even when the click button was not pressed.<br />When that lever was pressed every 360° turn will advance the film by around 1 1/2 turn, maybe more.<br>

Hope this helps you.<br>

Marco</p>

<p>The crank does stop after one 360-degree turn like it should. So I doubt that could be the problem. I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about anyway, but I honestly can't find a single thing wrong with this thing other than the winding problem. The camera could even maybe pass as new cosmetically, that's how nice it is.</p>

• 9 years later...