Mamiya 7II will not fire flash

ronnie_pettit2

<p>My Mamiya 7II will not fire flash either from the hot shoe or a PC cord. Anyone heard of this issue? No film in camera but using mulit-exposure button to cock and fire shutter. The shutter and meter work fine, just no flash? any ideas?<br>

thanks<br>

ronnie pettit<br>

<b>Signature URL removed. Not allowed per photo.net guidelines.</b></p><div>00UncX-182027584.jpg.92e1728b67f3f369b654899a86c889ab.jpg</div>

<p>yes. i confirmed the flash and cords on other cameras. i know i have used this 7II with a pc cord in the past...but I also rememeber it not firing a flash from the hotshoe and me thinking it was the flash, or that it didn't match up to the hotshoe connection on the mamiya. i hope i didn't fry the dang thing with a vivitar 283 or something.</p>

<p>If you purchased this camera used, it may have a "history." </p>

<p>Years ago, I fried the electronics of two Mamiya 6's and three lenses in short order - due to the high sync outlet voltage from my ancient Norman P2000 power pack (older units are more likely to have this problem). The repairs totalled twelve hundred dollars - and the long term fix, in the form of a sync voltage regulator - cost about ten bucks (if I'd only thought of this sooner!).</p>

<p>Thing is, I could, after the "incedent" but prior to repair, still take ambient light photos - although come to think of it, I lost maybe one or two frames in this mode also. At any rate, this is just a thought.</p>

<p>that's what i'm afraid of. i bought the 7II new. and i do have an old school speedotron studio light set, but i have always used a wein safe sync on it...but i have also put an old vivitar 283 on my mamiya once. man, if i fried the circuit, i'm gunna be pissed. good thing i almost always only use it for landscape work.</p>