Mamiya 7 ii

j_d30

I have seen it listed for widely different prices and unfortunately not available through keh..

Do you have any suggestions of which stores i could buy a used one while not worrying about getting a lemon?

Also, very different question, what is the sharpest lens on mamiya 7 ii?

Thanks all...

<p>I'm in another country and can't advise about sources local to you. I bought mine on ebay from Japan as well as other camera gear and my experience with quite a few sales has been very positive.</p>

<p>All of the lenses are noted for their sharpness. Pick any of them according to your choice of angle of view. I think the camera is less suited to the 150mm lens than the shorter ones. Also, the minimum focus distance is a bit limiting at times, for example, head and shoulder portraits (I'm thinking of the 80mm and 150mm lens here).</p>

<p>Ebay should be fine if you are careful. Just look for reputable sellers and examine the photos carefully. If the winding lever is wore then that usually means the camera has had a lot of use. Most reputable sellers have a 14 day money back offer. I have used all the lenses and they are all sharp. There were some Mamiya 7ii lens reviews on hevanet by a fellow named Perez. Google it and you will find it. Looks like the 80mm came out the sharpest with the 150mm not far behind. In reality they are all great.</p>

It's much more important for most people to choose a lens that facilitates the type of photographs they want to take than

to pick the sharpest. Especially when they are all good. But bear in mind that best sharpness is a single point, and you

can't see depth of field ttl with a rangefinder, so realising that sharpness across the frame with different distances involved

can be more complex than with a slr ,especially if the slr is used in live view. Clearly dof is more difficult with longer

lenses.

Seller reputation and the offer of a warranty or return are the crucial criteria. You can find both -or neither- on eBay.