Mamiya 180mm W-N vs 210mm APO for landscapes

Hi guys

Which one of these lenses would you recommend for mostly shooting landscapes with the RZ67 Pro II (I will be picking up the 65mm and 110mm as well):

Mamiya 180 mm f/4.5 W-N

Mamiya 210 mm f/4.5 APO

Some factors I am considering:

- The lens will be used mostly to capture abstract landscape perspectives

- 180mm appears to have better colour rendition while 210mm appears to be sharper (is this correct?)

- I already have Nikon 85mm f/1.8 to use with Nikon F5 and 70-200mm that I use with Nikon D750

Thanks so much!

Cheers

I use a 50, 90, 180 and 360 with my RB67. Each doubles the magnification of the previous which had been recommended to me when I bought. The 90 is what is considered a "normal" lens for 6x7, like a 50mm in a 35mm camera. I have taken more pictures with it than any other but I;ve had it the longest. I enjoy the 50mm and 180 is a good portrait lens if you get into it. I rarely use the 360. You can check my FLickr page for samples. But the lens used is not listed for all pictures as I didn;t recall which lens I used in many cases. Plus some of the pictures are cropped.

I'd be more concerned with magnification rather than color or sharpness when you select the lenses you're going to buy. Also, try to get good quality and warranty as you're buying used. Some lenses could have been beat to heck by the original owner. A sharp lens is no good if the worn shutter sticks.

Good luck and enjoy.

• Like 1