subjects have been flowers and fruit, but there are many other

possibilities to while away the upcoming frigid days. The results so

far are very encouraging, with fantastic detail, color, depth of

field and decent illumination.

I've attached an example to give you an idea of how they look and

plan to post some more to my gallery as soon as I become a

subscriber. This opens the door to some fascinating possibilities and

so I figured this would be the most appropriate forum in which to

share the concept.<div>00AKwW-20766684.jpg.64cb50415c94f56d28e287abb5b76120.jpg</div>

As a newcomer to this forum, Keith, I thank you for your warm welcome. I well remember the early days of copiers and many that preceded them, but wasn't aware that the use of scanners for this purpose was so commonplace. Though I fail to appreciate your subject matter, it gives me a sense of where your thoughts lie.

Thanks for sharpening my perspective.

Dick, you can get some amazing results using a scanner as camera. It will be interesting to see your results. There are some artists that do this exclusively and have some beautiful work, I just can't remember their names. Try googling "scanner as camera" etc. and you should get some hits.

P.S. I don't know why Keith was so nasty, it's not like their are tons of artists using scanners as a vehicle for their expression. Out of the tens of thousands of images I have seen here on PN over the last two years, I only remember seeing a handful at best.

<a href="http://www.keithlaban.co.uk">Keith Laban Photography</a><p>I'd like to make it quite clear that the image I posted here was not meant as a comment of any kind but merely an existing image of mine produced with a flatbed scanner and used as an example.<p>Tim, isn't the Internet a strange medium. I love to know why you think I was being nasty.

Keith, I just checked your leaf link and also the really beautiful work on your website. Now, for the benefit of us visually unenhanced types, would you be a good chap and divulge what your scanned image is. OR, what part of the leaf turned to what angle with what smeared on it would cause the two images to match on an overlay? (^__^)