"Make page mobile friendly" from Chrome

Andrew Garrard

<p>Just a heads-up - Chrome on Android seems to have started providing a pop-up in every forum page (at least) offering to "make page mobile friendly". Allegedly this is triggered by Google's heuristics about the page - I can't guarantee that my personal settings (which include "show all posts") aren't having an effect, but it's new behaviour. Whether it's a change on the site or from Google I can't say, but it's annoying as a pop-up every page.</p>

<p>You can turn it off in Chrome by going to chrome://flags and changing Reader Mode triggering to "never", but that's global, which isn't really ideal. I just thought I'd mention it in case it's something in the site configuration that changed inadvertently.</p>

<p>I have seen "Make page ..." popping up on various sites/pages in Chrome(Android), which is desirable on some pages. On others, results are worse.

<br>

I would think that the pop up started, well, popping up recently due to changes by Google, than due to (non)changes here or elsewhere.</p>