I'm planning on doing some B/W portraits with subjects

that have freckles. I dug around on which filter to use so

I got a #47 blue filter to make them stand out more. Is

there anything else I would need to do? I'm assuming

development would be the same.

I'm planning on trying out HP4 and FP4 on 120 with a

RZ67.

I'm still new to film.

<p>There are films with extended red sensitivity that are supposed to reduce the effect of things like freckles. Yes, I suspect that blue will increase them. You need to adjust the exposure as appropriate for the filter. Some light meters do that better than others. </p>

-- glen

<p>Yes it does and I use Cyan filters quite a bit to emulate the ortho effect. Just not on people. It does make people's skin look as bad as it can get. The good thing, if they are white untanned children, is their skin should be free of anything bad that would show up.</p>

<p>Shooting any ORTHO film would have given you great freckles too. The filter gives you choice on when to use it.....as opposed to the whole roll.</p>

• 2 months later...

Wrinkles are depending on lighting. - Huge softboxes cover them tiny hotshoe flash reflectors will cast shadows and enhance wrinkles. - I think age spots are a warm brown so green should be your best filter choice? - Cyan seems tricky to me.

If you have a color digital camera and PP software maybe play around with channels (both RGB & CMYK) to get an idea what filters will do?

Try a Wratten #11 or equal filter. This will enhance the red without making the skin totally white. The #47 filter is an extremely dark blue filter. As a reference, the #47A was used as the blue tri-color filter for color separation work.

The #11 is a yellow / green that will enhance contrast separation in skin tones without making the skin appear white like the #47.

The darkest in green you should use would be #56 which is a light green. If you cannot find film filters, then you could try color compensating filters. You might try a 10CC green and 20CC green.