Magnolia Plantation Audubon Park

peter_sanders2

<p>We (my family) are having a family reunion, and one of the things we plan on doing is going to Audubon Swamp in Magnolia Plantation. I have a 50/1.7 (and corresponding reversal ring), a 28/2.8, a Kiron 80-200/4 1:4, a Bower 500/8 refraction lens, and I have a Sigma 70-300/4-5.6 Macro 1:2 AF lens in the mail to arrive tomorrow.<br>

Obviously, I don't want to bring all of these, so which ones? I have a full manual film camera and a K20d.<br>

Please and thank you.</p>

<p>How about the 28/2.8 on the film camera (which I will load with velvia 50)? Will I use that at all?<br>

Keep in mind, I photograph first and foremost birds and (not as much (not always by choice)) animal life in general. The telephoto will probably stay on my digital, and the wide on my film.</p>

<p>Yeah, there are a few places in the swamp where the wide angle will be useful. Bring the 50 also, for the film camera. I think the others can all be left at home. Make sure you visit the small abandoned graveyard. Also, visit the nearby Drayton Hall, it's about 1/2 a mile down the road, and take the tour of the plantation house, it is really something.</p>

<p>What you will see at Audubon swamp this time of year will be MUCH greener and lusher than the pics on my Flickr page. That 70-300 will be great, I believe. There are some surprisingly shaded areas, and closer, so the 28 and 50 will be used for sure. It is truly beautiful.</p>