magnifier S for canon ae-1?

weasel_bar

Have been doing macro photography with my ae-1, using extension tubes.

As my vision gets worse, getting harder to focus very precisely.

Anyone have experience with the Magnifier S? There are some available pretty cheap on ebay.

If this would help with focusing, can someone give some guidance on how to mount/attach it? My camera's eyepiece has a rubber cup for glasses. Would I need to change out the the eye piece?

Thanks.

SS

You can see the Magnifier S alongside some of the different required adapters here: Magnifier S

It looks like the adapter will need to be mounted by sliding down from above and over the eyepiece. I am not a Canon user myself, but I would guess that this is the same way the rubber cup is mounted, thus not likely you can use both at the same time.

Niels

You can see the Magnifier S alongside some of the different required adapters here: Magnifier S

It looks like the adapter will need to be mounted by sliding down from above and over the eyepiece. I am not a Canon user myself, but I would guess that this is the same way the rubber cup is mounted, thus not likely you can use both at the same time.

Thank you Niels!

If you are doing macro and like me your eyes are getting old, GET THE MAGNIFIER. I have two (one square and one round). Very easy to use, just remove the eye cup, slide it on, and then adjust for you vision. No, you can not use it with the eye cup. A word of caution - don't poke it in your eye. Note that the magnifier flips up for a full view.

Another useful tool is the angle finder "B". A bit easier to use, but does not magnify. If you go for one, make sure it comes with the "S" adapter. Most will.

Edited by chuck909
  • Like 1