Mac Calibration Settings

<p>Purchased Eye One Display 2 to calibrate new 20" IMac. From what I understand the ideal settings will be 1.8 Gamma, 6500 White Point, and 120 Luminance. Should I turn down the brightness all the way before calibrating. I understand it may be difficult to attain the 120. Any other comments will be appreciated. Thanks ... Ray.</p>

<p>nope.</p>

<p>2.2 gamma mac or pc, 6500k yes, i prefer 110 personnaly vs 120, the monitor is a bit darker and closer to my print inkjet or commercial press.</p>

<p>The problem you will have is you wont be able to get anything lower than 135-140 with your imac.. so you got 2 choice;</p>

<p>1_you bring up the luminosity of your room to the max so the 135 of your monitor will look good..but you will burn under those 100watt ; )</p>

<p>2_you download and install a software call SHADE, not the best solution but it work perfectly. You install it before calibrtation and follow the how to.</p>

<p>I have prints from Miller's lab.I was told to set to 5000K, 2.2, 110. I tried it along with 5500K, 1.8, 110, 5000K 1.8, 110 but still can't seem to be able to match their prints with my monitor. There is no RGB control on the MBP. I downloaded DarkAdapted to try to set RGB but still can't match to prints. Very frustrating. Do I need to buy a separate LCD now?!</p>

<p>Hi Patrick: I was able to get to 120 on my Imac, even lower. Didn't have to use Shades. Although, I thought Eye One Display 2 directions were not the clearest. Once I figured how to get to the calibrate option, it was pretty easy. Thanks ... Ray. </p>

<p> </p>