M8 with summaron 3.5

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by travis|1, Jul 25, 2008.

1. any kind soul has shot with the above? Would like to see some samples. I luv that lens.

2. That would be interesting pairing the latest M with one of the oldest M lenses. Personally I tend to match old bodies and newer
    lenses. Travis, are you thinking seriously about an M8?

3. yes Orville. I have quite a few old leica lenses now collecting dust. I can't find a rd1 here but have plenty of @!@!@!expensive m8s. Close to USD6ooo. I missed my summarons in action and i just can't get back to films. ;)

4. I hope you find a way to match them together. Good luck.

5. I have both. Give me a day or so.

6. Travis, if you want any other older lens examples on the M8, let me know. I don't have that particular lens.

7. An M8? Really? You equipment hound. I bet yours and Alex's cameras would take up an entire room... ;)

I used to have a
    Summaron as my only lens, then one day after I'd updated to a pre-asph the Summaron disappeared. Only thing I've ever been able to
    figure out is
    that
    it must
    have gone out to the trash accidentally mixed up with some newspapers... Do you have it?

Do you have a GRD? You've got to have a GRD, Travis. You must.

8. thx James..(going to send u the parcel soon ;))

thx Alex, where r u alex?! ;)

Ray, no grd. I have the gx though...so i think i know how the grd will function..;)

9. Travis, I would think (hope) that the tried-and-true 3.5 Summaron will be fine on the M8. I use my 3.5 all over my screwmounts
    and previous M's --

10. Travis, I don't believe the GX is much like the GRD, which is in a class of its own. I agree with Ray - it would suit your style.

Looking forward to those M8 Summaron shots from Alex !

11. I think Alex is developing the M8 shots in some chemical..