M8 and lenses stolen

<p>On thusday, 17, they entered my home (Barcelona, Spain) and took away my Leica M8 Nº 3198159, Summilux 35/f 1.4 Nº 3474957, Super Angulon 21/f 4 and Summaron 35/2.8 with goggles for M3. Serial numbers of the last two items to be found. Please watch out! Thanks guys. Happy new year to all! Knut</p>

<p>I hope a potential buyer of the stolen goods sees these serial numbers and is able to alert police during a period of purchase consideration. Sorry to hear about this and I hope it won't put too much of a dent in your photography activities in 2013. </p>

<p>Thanks for your kind support, guys! James, you're right. I feel like a somnambulist...On top i have to edit a wedding taken with that gear, and mainly the pics taken with the Lux and the Super Angulon give me a pinch in the heart. The Super Angulon was one of my most beloved lenses I had the joy to own more than twenty years...</p><div>00bFvE-514791584.jpg.02f502fc6714d150bc094b34625fb887.jpg</div>

<p>I sure hope you are insured? You lost the cost of a new car. I can't even imagine?<br>

That said. I hope you get the gear back. I lost a back pack to NYC street thieves last fall. In it were my only 2 digital cameras, an older Nikon DSLR, and a Lumix p&s. I'm still as you say, "a somnambulist".</p>

Very sorry to hear this. My M4 and 50 Summilux were stolen in 1986 but it is like yesterday. Those serial numbers are

numbers I will never forget and every ad I check the numbers when possible. In fact, that theft brought me to photo.net

when I learnt of the stolen gear register. Not sure if that exists now. The theft ended up improving my photography and

my neck, moving to the smaller and lighter 50 Summicron with a focus tab. I recently scanned some Kodachromes from the '80s taken with that Summilux. Your editing experience now is much more painful and very poetically put. Good luck. You're alive, that's all that counts.

<p>O my, I really have to have some bad Karma accumulated; or I am just too many years around too hot spots for theft: In 2000, a M6 0.85 with Summilux Asph. in the French pavillon of the Expo 2000. In 2006, M2 with Summilux 35 (guys from Northern Africa which even told me before:"You better go, there are people who want to rob you" Once mounted my bike, eight (8!) of these guys surrounded me and that was it. Cellphone apart. Now this one. Negligence of some familiars having a walk through the village without closing the main entrance, while I cradled our baby to have a siesta upstairs. Open doors, free Leicas. Heard the movements in the house, but thought it was family...Here in Spain many people are really f^^^^ up economically, like me, and more so, the (il)legal immigrants. </p>

<p>You are either very unlucky, or travel often in difficult or very crowded places, or a bit negligent about where you place your equipment. I know it is difficult and even counterindicative to leave the Leica safe at home, but some places cry out instead for a Yashica FX3 and a good but inexpensive (Kyocera-) Zeiss 50mm fl.4, or some other low investment camera and lens.</p>

<p>Knut, I'm sorry to hear this. I had a Canon FD outfit stolen in 1986, I still remember that raw feeling after the break-in.<br /> I use a Zorki-6 and Fed-2 for work in dodgy areas with the J-12, J-8, I-50 & J-11, but that doesn't help you if the bastards break into your house.<br /> Can you tell us the serial numbers of the Super Angulon and Summaron too, so I can add them to the list whilst searching photo and web sales sites down-under?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"while I cradled our baby to have a siesta upstairs. Open doors, free Leicas. Heard the movements in the house" <em><strong>Knut S.</strong></em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Wow Knut, that's actually pretty scary. <br /> Hope that many have been taught by your experience.<br /> But as <em><strong>Richard G.</strong></em> basically conveyed, your family is fine, that's something <strong>really big</strong> to be thankful for...</p>

<p>Son of the B...s !!! I heard that Spain is quite notorious for such an events. I am deeply with You Knut, and sharing your grief. That is always concerned me, traveling with M3 and lenses., learning to keep it in my pockets, and not on my neck, just asking for to be taking away. I am deeply sorry.</p>

<p>Looks like Nº 1921560 to me. The vendor already already deleted all his pics/memories on this item, as he told me in a personal mail. Of the SA I don't have the SNº, it was in a very old agenda, as owning the lens so long, the book was already lost before...Cheers, Knut</p><div>00bHSB-516059684.jpg.a7b9f3e1556b1fe7bd165c26afcc35a1.jpg</div>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...