M7 Loose Base Plate

Hello...I purchased an M7 recently that came with a Leica Motor M. I just got finished visually inspecting it and it appears there may be an issue. The motor base plate does not lock down tightly to the camera and sit flush with the camera body on the latch side. There is a couple mm of play. I took a video. See link. This is of the Motor attached to the camera correctly. When applying pressure to that side it shows how it should be seated then I remove the pressure and you can see the motor separates from the body a few mm. Is there a simple adjustment that can be made to tighten that up or is it damaged? I purchased the camera from out of the country so prefer to not send it camera back if it is a simple fix.

Leica M7 Loose Base • r/Leica

1418699262_ScreenShot2018-11-07at11_39_13AM.thumb.png.eb2774c013a0cae8c195c277781e0b76.png 1305269167_ScreenShot2018-11-07at11_39_02AM.thumb.png.b735d8edc52d59acd3101e48af41f03b.png

I've been around Leica M cameras (and owned dozens) for ~50-years and I don't recall never seeing this. I'd suspect the issue is with the latch on the motor. It's probably loose or bent. Most any decent repair person familiar with Leica M cameras should be able to straighten it out. If I'm right It'll be short, easy, repair.

There's a screw on the latch - if it's loose, simply tighten it down yourself.

Did it come with the original base plate? Try that and see how it fits.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra