M patch flare upgrade kit

They probably only use $1 worth of lubricants in an overhaul the rest you pay is for experienced labor using the proper factory tools to take it apart and put it back together in the right calibration and without breaking anything else. Sounds like pretty risky for a do-it-yourselfer to attempt.

That's really great news! Perhaps you would be so kind as to take pictures and post them of how you take apart your M6 and perform the upgrade? Did you buy Leica factory tools for this or do standard jewelers tools work? PS do you know how many cameras that $80 gram of lubricant covers? Perhaps you could write an article for the LHSA Viewfinder, I imagine there are a lot of people who would like to do easy overhauls on their own Leicas and save all that money.

Dan I'm not a surgeon but I know with 30 years making precision dental appliances by hand that I could handle repairing a Leica and probably there are others here as well maybe even a few surgeons. All I need is someone who really knows how, to illustrate the procedure and list the tools required.

Ben

The problem is you do not want to risk your Leica, if you never take Leica apart. I was told after you replace these parts you need readjust the rangefinder. the special tools needed to adjust the vertical patch cost $250-300 and Leica will not sell tools to public. for DAG's $118, parts cost about $45, it is very reasonable. I have not get this parts yet, I just want to see what they are because the M4-P/M6/M6TTL is derived from simplified M4-2 RF.