mileri

I know this has been discussed more than once, but the following

sounds new to me. There's a 90mm Minolta M-mount lens on sale on e*ay

(Germany), the item description (in German) says that the lens can be

mounted on Bessa Cameras. I have contacted the seller and, to cut a

long story short, he says that this lens (and M mount lenses in

general) can be used any Bessa body, including the 39x1 "L" and "R",

via a "new" adapter, which is available in Germany at about 79 eur. I

asked him more details about the "new" adapter, I am waiting to know.

Any thought?

The Bessa bodies have a fairly easy to exhange lens mount on the front (or so I'm told, and was discussed when the Bessa first came out). I do not know if they mean a camera-techie replacement or amateur, but that was the strategy that allows the cosina bodies to so rapidly be made Leica screw, then Nikon/Contax, then M. I know the R2 has other changes, but the machining of the original front plates allowed Cosina, at least, to do some quick change-outs.

So, maybe this was what was discussed. Putting a Leica M lens on a Leica screw body is crazy, but not on a "converted" Bessa -- if that is what they are talking about.

Out of idle curiousity, I once sent an email to SK Grimes about the possibility of putting an M mount on my (now departed) Canon P. They said it would be $300 - $600.

I can't see how an adapter without a lens could allow the an M-mount to fit a LTM, and once you put that lens in there, you've compromised the quality of that lens you paid so dearly for.

• 5 months later...

The difference of focusing distance between LTM and M is only 1mm. I am interested also to put M lenses on my Canon 7s (LTM mount). The body mount is fixed by only four screws, is up of the body by some distance, and I am wandering if it is possible to remove it and fix a bayonet M mount instead (I have now no money for a M6 or MP body). Is it possible to do this adaptation?

Marc