LX5 and wide angle converter

<p>Hello,</p>

<p> I am about to take delivery of a used LX5 and 'genuine' wide angle converter.</p>

<p>I understand that you have to 'programme' the camera via the menu when using the wide angle lens. I have both the basic operating instructions for the camera and for the converter, but neither deal with this.</p>

<p>Please could someone give me an easy step by step guide to doing what is necessary. Assume that I am stupid in advising me what to do - or it might just be advancing years...</p>

<p>Many thanks.</p>

<p>I've just looked at the manual and the person is right. P201 instructs you to: (i) remove the lens ring front; (ii), attach adapter and lens; (iii), set Conversion on Rec menu to Wideangle graphic from OFF. With Conversion active, lens is permanently fixed to WA and flash is inactive.<br>

Sorry about my error</p>

<p>Hello Abib,</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>I'd just found the full instructions online - and got to p201/2 (and p28). Perhaps it will make full sense when I get the camera!</p>

<p>Having spent much time online (and seen umpteen comments) before I decided to look for an LX5, I had this recollection of the converter not working properly without 'setting' it, but could find nothing in the online instructions for the converter, except a reference to checking the instructions for the camera. That could have meant anything!</p>

<p>How do you like the LX5? I have a Nikon D700, but age and health issues are giving me problems in humping it around.</p>

<p>I havent used it for a while - while it's very compact and great in the hand, relative to an SLR (I used to have a D300) I found the image quality penalty too great. But then, I also found the GX1 to be similar in some circumstances and that camera is much closer in quality terms to an SLR. So I may not be a representative user. I've settled on a Fuji X100s, which is a lot more expensive but works very well for me. </p>

<p>Thanks for that Abib. As usual, I took some time on the web reading professional and 'user' reviews. Generally, the image quality seemed to be well regarded. I shall have to wait and see! I've used Panasonics in the TZ series (? TS or ZS in USA) (to keep in my pocket) and they have performed very well - provided not 'stretched' too far.</p>

<p>Thanks again.</p>