Lumix LX-3 is getting pretty long in the tooth

<p>Sorry to be a pest on topics like this, but I couldn't find any recent discussion of a successor to the Panasonic Lumix LX-3. It came out in August 2008, so I'm wondering, like a lot of people, if it's about to be replaced. I know it's a great camera, and I tried to pick one up last year but it was constantly out of stock. Now I'm paying attention to this again, and would be comfortable picking it up now that it's widely available. That said, I'd sure hate to miss a significant upgrade if its just around the corner. Anyone have any insight on that?</p>

<p>Its good price now. What better features you are waiting for.</p>

<p>ISO noise are sensor size and (major) sensor tech limited. Size is tied to lens speed and major tech break thru will be a while.</p>

<p>It has an expensive lens and body now. It could get cheaper.</p>

<p>HD Movie is 780P. if you must have 1080i or 1080p then it may worth the wait.</p>

<p>It could get bigger, not a good thing. It could get small but the f2 lens have to go, not a good thing also. one thing for sure, if it is newer, it won't be cheaper.</p>

<p>I hope the LX-3 won't be like the Fujifilm F30/31. Started near perfect and go down hill from there.</p>