LTM (Probably): Dr. Paul Wolff & Tritschler photo.

jcgoodman

About 20 years ago, a friend of mine found three mounted

photographs in a shop in Germany. Recognising a "Leica" look

in the photos, and knowing that I was using old Leica cameras

at that time, he bought the prints and sent them to me. Here is

one of them, a view of Breslau. On the back of the mount is

printed (I'll translate): "Published by Photographia Wetzlar.

Exposure: Dr. Paul Wolff & Tritschler, Braunfels" Print size is

106mm x 157mm. Leica not actually mentioned, but I like to think

the picture was made with a Leica + Elmar 5cm lens.<div>00EvDP-27615584.jpg.348914a062d29d0a60eee3182d7c3985.jpg</div>

• 1 year later...

Then a year and a bit after this posting, it is stumbled upon by the very one who found these and sent them to you. Me. It's nice to see them again. I've often thought of going back to the same place I found them to search for more. He did have some, but with limited pocked money at the time, I selected these for 5 DM each.

Cheers, Kevin.

• 1 year later...

<p>Hello,<br>

I recently came across a old German book with around 400 photo negatives of Germany during the 1920's, 30's and 40's of scenic, urban and street photo's. Some are during the third reich. The photo's look so similiar to the above photo's of Dr. Paul Wolff's but I have no way of telling who took the photo's. I've searched and searched to find the photographers identity but with no luck. I have scanned all the negatives and put them on disc. I would love help from anyone as to possibly identifing the photographer. I can send the photo's to anyone interested. I can be reached at <a href="mailto:natureboy1956@hotmail.com">natureboy1956@hotmail.com</a>. These are very good quality clear negatives. They look professionaly done.</p>

<div>00T6ZH-126143584.jpg.0330bd00d5e4ca98cc6815796f1725e1.jpg</div>