Lowest price point camea capable of f/8 AF?

mark_stephan2

I'm looking for a list of low budget camera's that can AF at f/8. I have the awesome 100-400 version I and sometimes desire more reach with my Canon 1.4x extender. So I'm thinking about adding a low budget aps-c camera for the added extra reach and to keep my 70D company too. Which one would you recommend. Low budget me less that $999.

Have you considered the tape trick?

Apart from that, don't all or most cameras focus at f/8 in Live View?

AF at f/8 was where the 1-series shine, not exactly budget territory. If memory serves me well the 80D is the only budget oriented camera that has AF at f/8 but I may be wrong on this one.

If it were not for handling issues I'd go for an M5 but it's probably too small to use comfortly with a 100-400 + extender.

I'm looking for a list of low budget camera's that can AF at f/8. I have the awesome 100-400 version I and sometimes desire more reach with my Canon 1.4x extender. So I'm thinking about adding a low budget aps-c camera for the added extra reach and to keep my 70D company too. Which one would you recommend. Low budget me less that $999.

The EOS 7D MkII seems to be in that league - dunno if you can get one for $999 (I assume USD)

WW