Lowepro SlingShot 300 camera bag--any recommendations?

mtrejo6

I'm looking for a good camera bag with large capacity and easy access during

weddings and other similar events? I was looking at the Lowepro SlingShot

300AW, All-Weather BackPack/Sling Bag Converter and was wondering if anyone

has any recommendations in favor or against it. Thanks.

The 300 is the only one that will take a camera with a 70-200 attached though still without the hood, it might take the 24-70 with hood but the 200 certainly doesn't. To be honest it's a good travel bag but for working out of there are some serious limitations such as having to remove the hood and only the camera being acessable while the bag is on you, to get lenses out you have to open it up fully and if you do that while it is on you everything falls out.

I just bought one, it works well w/a 70-200 lens attached to my D200. It is true if you want to switch lens on the fly you have to unzipper the whole flap and there is the chance of your lens falling out. I have been looking at one of those Thinktank waist packs, it holds the extra lens upright next to your body, but it wont hold a 70-200 attached to the camera.

Mitch - I carry a 80-200 2.8 attached to my D200 in a Lowepro Toploader 75 attached to the Lowepro belt. It works really well for me but be warned; don't walk around with it for too long while attached or you'll start walking in circles - it weighs a ton! Perhaps a good counterweight is needed... :)

I have both a 200 & a 300, and the 300 easily holds my 20D + grip + 70-200/2.8 but no hood. I bought it more for my nature shooting since my 20D + 50-500 fits as well.

Like Eric says, you can put your short lenses closer to the access side, or even structure the lens pockets to be accessible from that direction instead.